Friday, July 23, 2010

Maybe not so easy...or quick

I know I haven't updated much, but I have been eating.  So I was at the Peterson Commissary and saw a whole pork shoulder for $11 and couldn't resist. So that weekend I smoked it for 10 hours to end up with pulled pork ambrosia....  Great smoke penetration, I had injected it with sweet and spicy flavors, coated in a wonderful rub all resulting in a juice inside with a fantastic and crunchy outside all mixed together for something I have never had at any BBQ restaurant. Tragically, I couldn't find anyone who was free to come over and share.  Weird...  This was done in the most traditional of North Carolina (western) style.  I made an awesome cole slaw and homemade BBQ sauce to go with it.  Needless to say, I ate too much at dinner and the lunch the next day and the next....well you see.



Ya... It was that good!!!!

No comments: