Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I said I was going to try it!!

Mexican stir fry

So when I was writing about stir-fry, I was thinking you can pretty much any kind of fast healthy and in any ethnicity you are in the mood for.  I'm sure there a few few foodies out there turning there nose up, but that's not what this blog is about.

So here is what I did.


1 Green pepper chopped
1 Jalapeno deseeded unless you want the heat
1 onion rough cut
2 garlics chopped
2 fire roasted pablanos (or one can green chile peppers) chopped
1/4 cu fresh cilantro chopped
2 cups of beans (drained and rinsed) or any other protein
2 roma tomatos chopped and de jellied
2 table spoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
S & P

1/2 feta or other fresh cheese

Add cheese after it's cooked.

This was a great first try, I did put a little sour cream in, but made it a bit runny so just use as topping.

I will be doing this again.  I may spice it up a bit more with some chipotle or a couple other variations.

We ate this on tostados. It was light, filling, easy, fast and very healthy.

Mise en Place (everything PREpared)



















2 comments:

Holly said...

with guac...claro que si!

you need to post your guac recipie.

that looks so yummy!!!!!

Michael said...

I agree with Holly - POST your guac recipe! All the stuff looks amazing. I hope to try some of the recipes soon.